sisyph...@optusnet.com.au wrote:
> [...]

Well, the non-presence of a library isn't necessarily a fatal error.
Anyway, it's of course better to first keep going to potentially emit
further error messages, in this case the unresolved symbols.

> [...]
> The fact that your object file is ".obj" instead of ".o" would indicate
> that it's built with a Microsoft Compiler - so, if need be, you should
> be able to build the requisite ".lib" file from the dll using your
> Microsoft Compiler installation's lib tool (as Bill has hinted).

The 'error LNK2019' certainly comes from a M$ compiler (more precisely,
its linker).

You can also use GNU Binutils' 'dlltool' to create M$-compatible import
libraries (*.LIB).

-leif