On 19/06/2015 15:28, 'Bill Hart' via mpir-devel wrote:

> Anyhow the error message above suggests something is linking against
> MPIR but the linker is somehow looking for an internal symbol (it's
> something to do with the complicated way symbols are handled in MinGW).
> This could be because your system PATH is not set to include the
> directory where the dll file is.

On Windows it is possible to link directly to a DLL but this is more
normally done through a stub-library.

So on a native build on Windows the mpir.dll is accompanied by the stub
library mpir.lib.  So an app links to the stub library which then links
to the DLL itself.  IIRC a symbol 'sym' in the DLL becomes '__imp__sym'
in the stub library so it seems to me that the mingw/GCC build system is
not producing a stub library.