Hi Vincent,

yes please do provide a pull request against master to port the GMP code.

I'm afraid I haven't found time to get back to MPIR in a while. We are in
an extremely busy state here where I work at the moment, and unfortunately
this is likely to continue for about 3 months if not longer. But we will
eventually get back to MPIR.

To be honest, it would be better if someone else stepped in to continue
maintenance of MPIR in the short term. My time is divided between too many
projects at the moment. We also have money to hire someone to work on MPIR
(in particular assembly optimisation) for a year starting March 2016. But
so far no one has applied who has a Masters, which is a hiring requirement
here. Sigh.

Bill.