Mayor Rybak:

Thank you for asking our opinions about the budget!

Please-please-please do NOT cut Police.

Please-please-please DO cut CPED!!!  They clearly have
cash to spare, which is dangerous and ridiculous in
this time of dwindling funds for the city.
Furthermore, anyone who has ever done business with
CPED (or MCDA, as they used to be known) will likely
attest that it is an inefficient, if not blatantly
wasteful bureaucracy.

I challenge you and the members of Mpls City Council
to explain to us why CPED needs so much more money
than the Police, particularly when we are talking
about cutting Police in a period of what seems to be
increasing crime and violence in this city.

Thank you,

Connie Nompelis
West Phillips

--- "Rybak, R.T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>