Seems like we need to hod a conference and have IBM pay us to attend. They
would get some good information from us in return!!!!!!

                               bee-oh-dubble-bee-dubble-eegghh

From: "Potkay, Peter M (PLC, IT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Wish list for Conference
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:26:52 -0500

I wish.....

1.) The OTMA Bridge would honor the Request message's Expiry when it builds
the Reply message.

2.) There was a property on the MQInput node where you could specify the
minimum size MQSI would make the message buffer. MQSI could increase the
size above this value if it had to, but it would never drop below the user
specified minimum.

3.) A second pair of Reply2Queue / Reply2QueueManager fields in the MQMD.
This would allow me to have my replies come to queue1 and my report
messages
go to queue2. This would also allow me to stick MQSI in between 2 apps and
still have all the apps simply reply to the reply 2 info. Currently, MQSI
has to strip the original reply2info, replace it with its own, and then
replace the original again on the way back. In the meantime, it has to
store
the original reply info in a database. (Adding this info in a message
header
or relying on a queue instead of a database have their own issues)

4.) A "super" remote queue def. Currently, a remote queue def has only 1
destination Q / QM / XMIT queue associated with it. There is no way to
administratively have your app start putting to 2 or more queues on the
fly.
You have to either change the app to do multiple puts, change the app to
use
a dist list, or insert MQSI and have it split the message. A
super-remote-queue-def would allow us to add 1 or more queue / queue
manager
/ xmits to the original def. Instantly, you can fan your message out to
other queues (additional destinations, a logging queue, etc).

5.)For the WMQI editor, it would be nice to not only have a search function
but something that will match up your IF/ELSE/END IF's and WHILE/END
CASE/ENDS, etc.  I used to work with FOXPRO and it had this feature where
it
would do this so you could see if they were mismatched or missing.  It
would
be even more helpful now that we have combined the majority of our code in
one flow into one compute node and we now have over 4000 lines of code.

6.)One of the WMQI developers here was saying they would like the ability
check, IF field NUMERIC.  Today we have to go through byte for byte and
check for '0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9'.

7.)Someone also brought up DATE FUNCTIONS, such as GREG to JUL and back for
WMQI.

8.)QPASA figured out how to give GUI capability to mainframe, why not
MQExplorer. Also, MQJExplorer by Neil Kolban is great in that it doesn't
require a local QM.

9.) (This may be unpopular) : Make the MQ certifications more relevant by
requiring periodic retesting.

10.) Channel Tables for JAVA clients.

Peter Potkay