From: Bharath Ram Srinivasan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 10:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MQ Administration query

Folks,

   Thought I knew what Resetting a chl was all about. But no there is a gap
which I would be happy if you could fill.

Scenario 1 : When you repoint your sender chl connectivity to a different
machine. Currently, the remote Q Mgr is not running. Would a reset on my
sender chl make an impact in the receiver chl, if I do a reset now
(Remember the Remote Q Mgr is not running) and bring up the remote Q Mgr
later.

Scenario 2: Ideally you would like every sender to possess a corresponding
receiver. Now in our scenario, we have 1 receiver in my Q Mgr listening to
3 sender chls from 3 different Q Mgrs. Now how would a reset operation in
one of the sender chls impact the receiver or other sender chls? Also, how
does the Seq numbers become now in all the Q Mgrs.

Thank You in Advance for your inputs.

~ Bharath

This message and/or any attachments (the "message") is intended for the sole use of
its addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please immediately notify the sender and
then destroy the message.  The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copying
(either whole or partial) of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is
prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be
guaranteed.  As this message and/or any attachments may have been altered without our
knowledge, its content is not legally binding on CALYON Corporate and Investment Bank.
All rights reserved.