>Scenario 1: Resets on a channel only impact the local definition and are
>not propagated to the remote side.  So a reset on the sender only changes
>the sender not the receiver.

A channel RESET *IS* propagated to the remote side. Issue a RESET on a
sender channel, send a persistent message then look at the sequence number
in the receive channel DIS CHS(*) SAVED output.

RESETs on generic receivers are non-deterministic. First actual channel
instance to start gets the RESET. Not all of them.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development
IBM Hursley

             Glen Larson
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             CHNA.COM>                                                  To
             Sent by: MQSeries         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             List                                                       cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             N.AC.AT>                                              Subject
                                       Re: FW: MQ Administration query

Bharath,

Scenario 1: Resets on a channel only impact the local definition and are
not propagated to the remote side.  So a reset on the sender only changes
the sender not the receiver.

Scenario 2:   the reset appears to work like a hammer.  I have not seen any
doc on how to reset a single sequence number on a receiver used by multiple
sender, I would assume the sequence number for all would be reset.   If
your getting a failure on the channel sequence when it attempts to bind,  I
would reset on the sender side to what ever the receiver is expecting.
(after first determining why they are out of sequence)

Glen Larson
Zurich North America