From: Bharath Ram Srinivasan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 4:25 PM
Subject: MQ Administration query

Folks,

   Thought I knew what Resetting a chl was all about. But no there is a gap
which I would be happy if you could fill.

Scenario 1 : When you repoint your sender chl connectivity to a different
machine. Currently, the remote Q Mgr is not running. Would a reset on my
sender chl make an impact in the receiver chl, if I do a reset now
(Remember the Remote Q Mgr is not running) and bring up the remote Q Mgr
later.

Scenario 2: Ideally you would like every sender to possess a corresponding
receiver. Now in our scenario, we have 1 receiver in my Q Mgr listening to
3 sender chls from 3 different Q Mgrs. Now how would a reset operation in
one of the sender chls impact the receiver or other sender chls? Also, how
does the Seq numbers become now in all the Q Mgrs.

Thank You in Advance for your inputs.

~ Bharath

This email and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information.  This information is private and protected by law and, accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to delete this entire communication immediately and are notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of or taking any action based on this information is prohibited.

Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses.  The sender does not accept any liability or responsibility for any interception, corruption, destruction, loss, late arrival or incompleteness of or tampering or interference with any of the information contained in this email or for its incorrect delivery or non-delivery for whatsoever reason or for its effect on any electronic device of the recipient.

If verification of this email or any attachment is required, please request a hard-copy version.

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the
intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you
are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment
other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in