OK, my mistake!

I just checked, and his pull for "Assigning MIDI port/channel to
instruments" was merged with master branch on 28 Oct 2015 and these features
are already available (all of them?) on release 2.0.3 (I was using 2.0.2, so
I updated to 2.0.3 and saw the functional MIDI Input option in
Edit->Preferences->Input/Output).

Nonetheless, the other pull, "Listening to MIDI Machine Control messages",
is still labeled as "work in progress". So, even though things are a
somewhat more advanced then I stated in the previous post, these may still
be a good starting point for your ideas, I think.

Best regards!