On 2013-09-19 21:43, Sieghard wrote:
> This might be the reason, there _are_ differences between the systems.
> If Julio runs Linux, which he probabely does, it is quite possible that the
> VESA driver doesn't support all the built-in firmware functionality, as it
> is mainly provided as a fallback if nothing else is available.

Nope, I installed X11 via FreeBSD's ports system (from source code). The
FreeBSD ports system downloads the source code directly from the people
that create each port. In this case the servers of X.Org. So the VESA
driver I'm running should be the exact same source code and driver used
under all X11 systems (Linux included).

The probably difference is that I use a xorg.conf file to specify
exactly what I want, because I know what hardware I have. I don't leave
it up to chance and let the X11 software _try and detect_ what I have.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/