Sehr geehrter Herr fredvs,

Sie schrieben am Fri, 1 Mar 2019 17:12:37 -0700 (MST):

> > I'm not sure what you want to say with that - did it fail to compile
> I said that the /msegui/apps/i18ndemo/i18ndemo.prj  is not working so I
> cannot evalute mse-i18n.

As I did not use this demo - indeed, I wasn't even aware of it until now -
I cannot now comment on this. msei18n IS fully working, though, and in the
meantime I even found out again just HOW it works, or is meant to be used.
Using it is a bit !quirky", though, it requires several steps to get to a
result and relies on the intermediate use of a "third party program", mostly
a spreadsheet, to do the real, translation, work. For the data transfer, it
uses .csv files, which are understood by most applicable helper software.

> Fortunately Glixx gave patches to make MSEide i18n enabled (localization).
> @Glixx, one more time: big wow.

FIne - although I will have to study these before I can comment on them.
Does thet, on the other hand, mean that translation is handled without
msei18n use at all then? If so, is msei18n then considered obsolete?
I think it could still have some value to provide layout variants or
similar things. It will have to be "tuned" to this purpose better then,
and some of the "rougher corners" (of which there are quite some) softened
to make it's use smoother.

> Here infos of the fixes:
> https://github.com/mse-org/mseide-msegui/issues/1
> So, yes MSEi18n is working and great.

I will have evaluate that - I've just not sufficient time right now.

> Glixx proposes to also enable PO files for MSEgui (like fpGUI does), so we
> may have to choose or using MSEi18n or PO files.

This ist probabely not a bad idea, as this method is abundantly used on
Linux and probabely on other systems as well. It is similar to a method I
used in my "big" mse project for translation of labels and message strings.
If I got that right, they use some preprocessing of the translations to
make substitution faster. I did it straight ahead, just look up the
original strings and replace them with the appropriate translations - for
a few dozen strings that I needed this method is fast enough, regarding
the current processors that can do such a task "in the blink of an eye".

> If you want to compile/test MSEide with i18n enabled, please check the
> option "-dmse_i18n" in project-option/make-option in mseide.prj.

I'll have to do that yet.

> And for the demo 18ndemo.prj I will try to fix it asap.

I'll have a look as well. If I find something, I'll give notice.

BTW, I had some trouble with news just these days, and I wasn't sure
whether it was just a short "hiccup" of the albasani server or a major
configuration issue on my machine, so I was a bit reluctant to answer
earlier, fearing that this might got lost. But it was probabely the latter,
and this list - that I read by means of the "gmane" archieval and news
conversion site, BTW - was fine all the time.
But I will probabely have to consider switching to the new nabble hosted
list, as most of the stuff you mentioned didn't seem to show up "here" at
all. E.g. I didn't know (and cannot see even now) a member of name "Glixx",
nor any information of him other than what you mentioned above.
Does nabble - or ist it github? - also provide a news conversion of the
list? I DO hate to have to do everything full-time on line. My machine
fetches news from interesting grups in the background in short bursts, and I
can then read (and respond to) them whenever I find some time for that
without having to be vulnerable to "the net".