Sehr geehrter Herr van Stappen,

Sie schrieben am Sun, 3 Mar 2019 19:55:38 +0000:

> So I will let you try the i18ndemo.prj and last commit of MSEide + me_i18n
> parameter.

Sorry for the long delay, and the fact that I've still not come around to
inspect this thing. I'm just too busy  these times for work, and I had a
couple other ideas that I went implementing "quickly"...
Well, those other things are a file requester (filebrowser) based on the
msegui file dialog, but useable as a stand-alone program, and a keypad /
editfield calcutor.
For the latter: have you ever had the need to enter some values somewhere,
but you didn't have them ready for input, but had to precalculate them from
raw values? Now, the keypad / edit field calcutor functions could have given
you the ability to build this into your program. The keypad calculator is
finished already, I'm not quite done with the edit field version, but if
anyone might be interested, I could provide the code.
BTW, the keypad one is based on a (screen) keypad (plus screen keyboard)
utility unit I provided "many years ago" already, but never saw any
reference to, even though Martin himself wrote about having it adapted to
his style.
I'm also willing to provide the free-standing file requester code for
anyone interested and equally bored with the available ones on Linux.

> > msei18n IS fully working, though, and in the
> > used. Using it is a bit !quirky"
>
> Yes, that is what I like with Martin, there is always a part of
> exploration before the "wow".

Well, there are quite some "loose ends" left with this one. For me, a quite
important problem was the total lack of scriptability, which is why I took
at it in the first place. And there are some other functions that could be
integrated, at least a means to automatically add the "deposits"
(directories) to be used for the variants to be created, and a
simplification of the neccessary processing for that.
But I surely will come back on this tool, even if it seems it's no longer
needed for translation / internationalization, but it could still - and
possibly even more - useful for the creation of (layout) variants,
notwithstanding the existence of Martin's skin feature and his layouter
system.

BTW:
> Do you have a GitHub account?

No, that's probabely not worth anyeffort, because I'm usually not able to
use it much, because of other activities.

Anyway, thank you very much for your interest and keep up the good work!