Hello fredvs,

you wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 06:07:06 -0700 (MST):

> > I.e. you use Java for user interface only, which is just what I meant.
>
> Not sure to understand,but even on a "pure Android" machine (like a a
> mobile-phone), compiling a Java-compatible library with fpc is working.

If it uses the same processor as the fpc library ist targeted for, it
should work, of course.

> The trick was to add a "phantom first parameter" for each method.

I.e. something like the implied "self" parameter for object oriented pascal
dialects like fpc? As this is a compiler internal feature, if you target a
different compiling system, such tricks might be neccessitated to achieve
compatibility; it is even to be expected.

> For example:
> function uos_CreatePlayer({$IF DEFINED(java)}PEnv: PJNIEnv; Obj: JObject ;
> {$endif} PlayerIndex: cint32) : cint32 ; cdecl;

THis looks more like a whole set of additional parameters that Java expects
to be passed "implicitely".

> exports
> {$IF DEFINED(java)}
> uos_createplayer name 'Java_' + javappname  + 'uos_createplayer',

Is this something like the "name mangled" symbols of C++? It looks a bit so.

you wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 06:19:49 -0700 (MST):

> I forgot to note, for the Android-Java-native library in previous post,
> that it works if the library is compiled on a ARM machine.

Yes, that's probably neccessary if it should run on an ARM based target
system, such as (most) any smart phone these days.

----------
> > BTW, the subscrition "process" was quite ridiculous
>
> I totally agree with you.
> Because of uos forum (http://uos.2369694.n4.nabble.com), I get mail from
> users that become crazy with the "anti-robot" feature of nabble.

I was more, well, "amused" by the fact that the page didn't even present
any sign of such a function, yet it was insisted that I went through its
process - just how could I have done so? Thus, I terminated the
registration process by closing the page.

But as I found out - though not yet successfully confirmed - it seem NOT to
be neccessary to register as a mere user, registration seems to be required
only for administrators. There ist a selektor on the page that allows you
to "subscribe" to a list, andwhen I tried this, I was immediately accepted
and an email wassent to me to the effect that I should receive new postings
whenever they arose. Now I'm waiting for the first one to arrive, but I
didn't get one yet.
BTW, thisapplication was to your list
http://mse-org-forum.111682.n8.nabble.com/.

> I do not have server to create a personal forum, if somebody knows
> something easier than nabble, please say it.

Maybe there are more such servers, but the only one I think provides such a
service also is "gmane" (gmane.org), the one I read this MAILING LIST as a
NEWS GROUP - this is the main purpose of this site, to translate mailing
lists into pseudo newsgroups, for people who prefer to use them that way.

> > BTW, did you get ANY of my files attempted to send you?
>
> No, I did not get anything, where did you sent it?

That is BAD. Ok, I'll try to send something by way of nabble as soon as I
received a message from there, hoping that it will finally work.
BTW, I'll send THIS message to your nabble list, too.