Hello Sieghard and sorry for the long delay.

> Android (if used there at all, or is this a cross compiler only?) might be
> another matter.

Hum, Android is Java, so, IMHO, fpc could only deal with Java via
fpc-java-native-libraries.
I do it for uos (United Openlibrary of Sound), compile with fpc a
Java-native library and use that library with Java applets.

> BTW, what about usage of this list? It seems to be dead & gone, except for
> your replies and my desperate postings here...
> Should I better use the (new) nabble one?

done by Martin and he only had the full-control.

You may use the mse-org forum (http://mse-org.111682.n8.nabble.com), this
one was done by me.
You may also use the issues of Github
(https://github.com/mse-org/mseide-msegui/issues).