Hello fredvs,

following up my previous post about the error compiling the "language"
libraries, I found the cause now. The clue & key was the compiler's
suggestion "recompile with -fPIC"
Well I had tried that before, and it hadn't helped. But this might have
been due to my not cleaning up the working directory beforehand, so the
compiler didn't really recompile, just retry the link step - and failed
again.
Now I DID clean up the mess from previous failed attempts before trying
the recompile, and it DID work.
Now, this leaves the question where to put this compiler switch. If it
was be needed for all targets, it might be best to put it into some
ressource string yet to be defined. If it is not needed always, or
perhaps on Linux only, it might be acceptable to put it into the compiler
specification field in the settings dialog.
Which again leaves the question: What do you (& other list members) think?