Hello Sieghard!

> msgid "Quit" (Signal 3): this is also used for the menu entry
 >            "exit" to leaving the ide, which is not appropriate

OK, there is the - msgid "Close", changed with it.

> msgid "&Raise-Break": it's function is unclear - does it mean
> "Raise exception on encountering break point" or something else?

Yes, I think so too but I have to confess that I never try those parameters,
GDB + msegui is working OK for me, so did not modify yet.
The GDB tab is the one from mseide.

> msgid "Before run gdb script": this is not translated!

Ok, enum + const added, I will add all the translations asap in po file.

> msgid "Hint Color":            this is not translated!

Ok, enum + const added, I will add all the translations asap in po file.

> msgid "Reset Designer":        this is not translated!

Ok, enum + const added, I will add all the translations asap in po file.

> msgid "Beautifier", "Verschönerer": I couldn't find a use for it,
>   so I couldn't find an appropriate translation

It is for the tools code formatters Ptop and Jedi, it is the Verschönerer of
the code.
In my part, I use it after big fight and experimentaion and I am always happy
with the result.
But yes, I know, it is bad habbit, better to  directly indent your code ...

> Column headers of tables and tags of subform entry fields are not
>  translatable in general

Some are not translated because too "computer" notion to translate.
But there are some translated, like name, directory, ...
I will recheck this to see witch can be translated.

> The context menu of (at least) the source editor is (are?) not
 > translated nor translatable

Oooops, well seen, I forgot this one.
The good news is that all the enums exist already, only need to assign it.
Hum, I have to let this for tomorrow but thanks to note it.

> And there's one thing that may create a real problem with the current
> implementation of .po file use on Linux:

Done with Lang directory saved into the /home/.ideU.sta files with all the
others.
Added too a Lang Filename editor in Settings form.
By default it is in /directory_of_ideU/lang but change it like you want.

> And a couple general "gripes":
> - The "close" marks (crosses) on the editor's tabs don't work for me

Ok, I will disabled it for the moment, I agree that it is not perfect.
(Huh, by the way, do you have a idea how to create a msegui tab with close
button?)

>- Sometimes, dialogs don't appear completely within the screen area,
>  only a corner or part of the title bar are displayed.

Sorry but I cannot reproduce it (or I did not understand the problem).
Ok, asap, there will be a option to make the dialog appear under  the mouse
cursor.
Did you see the option in Menu/Extra Settings : Set dialog-forms as modal vs as
tool?
This will force all the dialog form to not be modal (but maybe it is not
related).

> Another neat thing was, if the ide main window could be positioned
>  at a user definable place on the screen if called without an open
  > project. Now it probabely appears always at it's design position.

Hum, ok but how do you see that?
A option in Extra Settings  with a checkbox and integer-edit is left, top
position?
Yes, if you like it.

Many thanks Sieghard for your attention.
Once all this is done, I will jump into your binary po files.