Ok, let me see....

I was born in 1979 (16th of october to pe precise)
And started playing games on my dad's ZX-spectrum already in 1984
In 1985 I got a C64 (well, my dad got one, but I was the only one using it).
It broke down the same year (hmmm......)
Another C64 didn't survive a whole year too.

In 1986 the other C64 failed to work too.  Now it was time for... a NMS 8245
(jippie!!!)
Although I had typed-over some listings on the C64, this was the first
computer I was actually starting to make things myself (I think the MSX
computer is one of the best computers for this purpose. Somehow you actually
get motivated to make things yourself. In the beginning because it's so
easy, later because it's necessary to keep the scene alive)

In 1989 or 1990 we moved (for the 12th time!) to another house. This time in
the incredibly small town (aka "gehucht") called Kropswolde. Here I met
"Michiel de Vries' who also had a MSX (A Sony Hitbit MSX 1)...  Michiel had
a lot of games, which was back then most important for me, and he could code
a bit assembly too (which was important later on)

Thanks to THE Martin Bakker (most illegal person around?) we bought some
original SCC games and Michiel bought an NMS 8235. Now we also started going
to MSX-Club-Groningen, where we met a couple of lunatics calling themselves
"Flying Bytes". We joined them and started a new project with the team: The
Megademo Meg. In a short time I'd bought a FM-PAK and a Music Module, and I
had tried making some music with Fac Soundtracker (the program that saved
the MSX scene definately!)

One of the numbers I made was a mix of the super-hit "POING". In Meg was
also a demo including "POING!", but that one was made by Pascal Oldenzeel.
(We made the same number at the same time, not knowing this... :)  However,
just before release date, we decided to put my version on MEG.
The release of MEG was also the day of my first MSX-fair -> WOW!!!!! :)

(btw. Michiel coded almost everything on MEG and made some good music too)

Now it was time for me to buy a MSX Turbo-R (GT). I made more and more
music, leading to 2 releases: Bananenvla and Move the House (sorry for the
last one)
And then, we had to make a game: Not Again!. The idea came on a MSX-fair
where the first computergame ever was shown. (2 "bats" and a ball)
We totally changed the game-concept, but I still think it was a great game.
Most of the music came from me, most/all of the coding from Michiel.

We tried to make another release, but Michiel didn't want to code games
anymore. He started to make another music program (he'd made PSG tracker
too), called Meridian. A really EXCELLENT MIDI SEQUENCER!!!! (commercial
break?). The other coder we had got personal problems, and a lot of
FB-people moved to other places, so we couldn't finish the game.

Well.. that's about it. O yeah. I recently bought a MoonSound and a GFX9000,
so I guess I'm still quite active :)

Greetz,

Sander Zuidema
Listen to my music at: