Hey peopz.

Okay, I've followed this thread on MSX380 for a while and I just want to
state my personal opinion.

I would love to have and program for a Z380 based MSX. I have read the
Zilog PDF's of the Z380 instruction set, and quite frankly I've almost
fallen in love with it ;)

The idea of having a linear address space of several MB's (or 4 GB ^_^) is
just amazing. 4 sets of shadowregisters (+IX/IY shadows!), 32 bit... It
just makes me drool all over the place ;)

I've been programming x86 assembly a little (don't shoot! ^^;) and although
the intel ('inteelt' for dutch readers) architecture is very powerful, it
lacks exactly that which makes the Zx80 so nice to program. (And
personally, I like to be limited by hardware a little, x86 is so flexible
it makes you lazy and IMO superscalar sucks major d*ck)

Anyway, let me just say this: Any and all hardware development for MSX
should be applauded, even if its usefulness can be argued. And in the case
of Z380, I can't think of A SINGLE disadvantage!

Think of the possibilities with such a powerful chip. I think you could
even program in C or Pascal without being too slow now. That may even
attract new programmers! Heh, you could even do (and I would certainly try)
some emulators and voila 100's of new games for your MSX in a blink of an eye!

I could rant on like this for kilobytes to come, so I'd better just stop
right here :)

Greetz,

                Patriek

[EMAIL PROTECTED] .-.  ,----.  ,-. TNI on the web:
                | '-.| ,-. \ '-' http://www.xs4all.nl/~newimage/
   Member of    | .-'| | | | ,-.
 The New Image  | '--' | | '-' | Check out "MSX Banzai!" at:
  since 1991    `------' '-----' http://www.xs4all.nl/~newimage/MSXBanzai!/