At 08:03 20/09/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>I'm not really interested in an MSX380 100% compatible with MSX, if I want
>>ot play MSX game or demos, I still have my MSX Turbo R or an MSX2. I think
>>that the "new" MSX should free the power of the Z380 and other hardware to
>>get a realy stong machine, the project paper sheet I've seen in Tilburg was
>>very interesting, it was planing to use an enchanced version of the SNES
>>(super FAMICOM) VDP for the video, I really prefer the the system is
>>desinged to operate in 32bits to boost disk and memory access, using fast
>>SRAM or maybe SDRAM.
>
>I agree with you on this. Ofcourse, MSX380 could never be turboR (R800)
>compatible, but then again turboR is more like "MSX Gaiden" anyway :)
>I'm not so sure about that enhanced SNES VDP, because the SNES VDP is
>pretty hard to program. I'd prefer the good old V9990 to be used, maybe
>with some additional chips for huge sprites and rotation 'n stuff.

Sorry guy but the Enchanced Sprite accellerator is only available for the
SNES VDP familly :(

Maybe if someone do have information about the VDP used in the NEC PC
ENGINE or NEC core GRAFX, if I remember well the VDP used for this game
station was very powerfull for sprite stuff....

and what about 3DFX technology ;-)
or TMS320C80 from TEXAS INSTRUMENTS? (1 RISC + 4 DSP in the same chip) ??? ;-)

        Martial.