On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 21:32:35 +0200, Laurens Holst wrote:

>:>>>Whoaaaa!
>:>???
>:The word for stopping the horses (my dictionary says so....)
>ah...
Just 'ah'? Dude, do you know how long took me to find a
dictionary English-Horse Horse-English??? X-DDDDDDD

>:depending of the share they are of the MSX pie, they'd have
>:twice or even thrice that they currently have.
>Yeah okay, I have a MSX2+ too, and actually I don't care a
>shit if a game which I might make in the future is MSX2+-only
You have a second hands MSX2+. Right or not? :?

>(in example a smooth-scrolling RPG). But, with a bit of thinking,
>this smooth scrolling RPG can also be made possible for the
>MSX2...
Yessss, but the possibilities that you could have with a set scroll
and imagination would allow anyone to make great effects.

>:>Anyway, I'd VERY LIKE TO HAVE an Z380 built-in my MSX.
>:>Not for the new instructions and not to support it (or at least
>:>maybe a small thingie only viewable when using an Z380). t
>:You seem to be a coder, don't you?
>Yup, right.
Then you'll surely find an utility for it, either because you want to
compile faster, or because you are considering even to develop
an specific programme for Z380.
The matter is that I am speaking about the standard user, may
be a supposed Maarten Boer at Holland, or a Feliciano
Sanchez Sanchez at Spain. Those supposed people aren't
programmers, just users that plug a hardware, put disks in a
FDD, and switch on the whole thing. What they will have? The
first year nothing. All right, they surely counted on this.
And the second year? And the third? There's the problem.
BTW, this Zandvoort'98 two aniversaries:
1) 4 years of the official release of GPX9000 and Moonsound.
2) and 15 years of MSX, of course. :)

>Anyway, I wanted to add some positive comments. All these
>negative and pessimistic messages are not very encouraging
>the developers.
>Maybe that's in fact the REAL reason for lots of these projects
>not to be finished, and not the difficulty of them.
BEWARE.
This is like I'd started to complaint programmers because they
do nothing for Z80H, R800, DOS2 or whatever.
Or blaming the gfx artists the unavailability of V9958/90
products due to the fact they do not draw anything for them.
Or the musicians with the 256K for the Musmod or the few
progs for Moonsound...
Or the common users for the few ACCNets sold...
In fact, this is a smoke wall.

There won't be developments for Z380, not due to negative
opinions previous to its release, but for there's no tendency to a
change. Surely because they consider their coding abilities
haven't touched ceiling with a MSX2-FM.
Believe me, I'd like there would be a big hunger for Z380. This
would mean a lot of things. Most of them positive.

Laurens, Toni... MSX coders are the most obstinated and
stubborn people of MSX fauna. I dunno what rate they would
get in a stubborn'o'meter but I am sure they could appear on a
World Top-100 chart of Stubborness. At least in the case of
'consecrated' ones (wanna-bes and rookies are another
subject). They are like this, for good or bad.

If they want to make a certain kind of programme, they just plan
it, and ahead.
May it be nice or a nonsense, may it take even years or few
winter afternoons, may it be designed for a tiny configuration or
a ridiculously big one, may it be a game or an utility, and so on.
And if they do NOT want to code it for certain hardware, you
both can bet your lives and souls that they WILL NOT.
And otherwise, if they have the conceived idea to make it using
this, this, and that, they'll do.
So if you hear about an hypothetical Nestor Wulms wanting to
make certain programmes using DOS2, he will do it for DOS2
only, regardless of any advice or external pressure. (I dunno
about 'physical' pressures X-DDDDDD)
The same goes for a possible Cas Zorita wanting to make a 2+
game, or a Henrik Heremans coding a new compressor, even
an Kenneth Pazos wishing to code just in Kun Basic, or... ad
nauseam.
There are cases they abandon their projects, but always by
own decision. Regardless of any past or present opinion.
So, if any programmer owner of a Z380 board decides to code
for it, he will. Regardless of any contrary opinion. And if it's mine,
even less.
End of subject.

>There were more Dutch (and also a few non-Dutch) people
>busy developing a Z380-board and they have joined forces to
>make things compatible.
Well, wise decision.
BTW, is Henrik Gilvad in this project or not? :?

>The Russian developers aren't really working on it anymore
(and if I'm correct they'll put the desings on the net???),
I am aware of this. I was being hypothetical.

>and I haven't heard about those Spanish guys much yet.
Mainly a guy, Leonardo Padial. He's undoubtly a master on
Electronics. Making a comparison, he's something like a Henrik
Gilvad 'in the shadows'.
But AFAIK Leonardo hasn't worked in group before, at least in
MSX.

>Anyway, I think the one who is first finished will have the
>standard for it and the other one has to resign or adapt his
>project, unless its design is much cheaper and better ofcourse.
>Yes, I know 'better' is very relative.
But a lot, eh??? ;)
(For instance: PC)

>No, wait. I _have_ got the email-adress of the designer of this.
>It's Hans van Oranje (HPN Nederland). His emailadress is:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I got the message from Maico with the correction.

CYA