-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Antoni Burguera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Datum: vrijdag 4 september 1998 13:42
Onderwerp: RE: MSX380

:>Whoaaaa!

???

:>I realized a year ago or so that we had lost some years ago our
:>chance to evolve from MSX2-128K-FM.
:>If we haven't been able to evolve the standard of development
:>even to MSX2+ and 256K, are you telling me we'll jump directly
:>to Z380 and MBytes? HA!

Well, about the 2+/256k-evolution... I think it is indeed too bad that 256k
isn't mainly supported. But the 2+, no, too less people own a MSX 2+ / tR

Anyway, I'd VERY LIKE TO HAVE an Z380 built-in my MSX. Not for the new
instructions and not to support it (or at least maybe a small thingie only
viewable when using an Z380). But for Gen80 is slow, even on 7MHz. I'd very
like to run my MSX on a higher speed. I would already be happy if I were
able to replace my Z80H by a Z380... Wouldn't that be possible? The only
thing which has to be changed is that the speed of the processor shouldn't
be slowed down when accessing I/O but that some sort of engine should insert
wait-states if nessacary.

:IMHO, the jump hasn't been possible because is difficult to find a MSX2+.
:And evolve to MSX2+ with FM and 256K implies to buy a MSX2+, in some cases
:buy more memory. MSX2+ and memory are difficult to find. But one of the
:goals of the MMSX project is to take profit of the PC stuff: memory,
:keyboards, HD, ... And PC stuff is easy to find, and inexpensive.

Memory ain't hard to find. And you can already use SIMMs on MSX. I know
someone who made his own mapper using SIMMs and I've also got a (slightly
different; made by HPN and published in the -Dutch- MSX Info Blad) design of
this mapper.

:Of course. I can see this perfectly! I am not new in the computer world!
:MMSX is a very hard project. It is very difficult. And, even more dificult
:that the hardware will be de development of drivers and of the operating
:system.
:But people involved in MMSX project want to work on it, not on a MSX2+.
This
:is the "essence" of a hobby: do what you like. People involved on the
:project DON'T want to do another thing. They are motivated for MMSX, not
for
:other things.
:That's all.

I can completely understand that.

:P.S.: If this becomes a "dialog" between you and me, I prefer to speak in
:spanish. So, if nobody is interested on it, perhaps it will be a good idea
:to write in spanish personally, not in the mailing list.

Please, don't.