>Whoaaaa! Those were retoric questions. I was showing some
>matters that it could -will- have.

;) Sorry... It seems that my "retoric proccessing alrgorithm" doesn't work
good...

>>:-) Yes, it will be a problem this. But, if it is fully compatible to
>>other MSX...
>Well, outside coders, Pmarc-Pmext freaks and HD fans, any
>other people is willing to get a new stuff for the new
>programmes. No programmes (mainly games), no interest.
>No interest, the less devices sold, and so on...

Programs of other MSX can be only for starting. After that, specific
projects can be developed. That's all I say.

>I realized a year ago or so that we had lost some years ago our
>chance to evolve from MSX2-128K-FM.
>If we haven't been able to evolve the standard of development
>even to MSX2+ and 256K, are you telling me we'll jump directly
>to Z380 and MBytes? HA!

IMHO, the jump hasn't been possible because is difficult to find a MSX2+.
And evolve to MSX2+ with FM and 256K implies to buy a MSX2+, in some cases
buy more memory. MSX2+ and memory are difficult to find. But one of the
goals of the MMSX project is to take profit of the PC stuff: memory,
keyboards, HD, ... And PC stuff is easy to find, and inexpensive.

>It's not about knowing or not anything about the project, it's just
>to know that we have to evaluate pros vs. cons. And nobody
>does!!! (at least openly)

There are two options. First option: build a Z380 based MSX. Second option:
Nothing. Choose.

>>>4) And when we'll have a prototype, a regular releases of it,
>>>and EVEN a couple or three programmes, we'll discover the
>>>same as with Turbo-R: we need more GPX power.
>>If it is a modular system, the graphic system will be a module.
>>Then, you can put GFX9000 and have great graphics.
>Ehmmm, I'll try to be diplomatic... Do you read magazines?

Yes. And you? (exceptuating "Hola", "10 minutos" and "Muy Interesante", of
course ;)   )

>How many progs for GPX9000 lately?

Hei! I only say that you can put a GFX9000 for demonstrating that GPX power
will not be a problem!!!

>The release of it is not a problem... When Leonardo Padial
>wants to release anything he does it, and end of question.
>The problems come after the release....

Then, we must find programmers with the spirit of Leonardo Padial X'D
Well, then the problem isn't MMSX. MMSX only open some doors. Let's use
them!

>>Yes, it is a good idea. But you must think that MSX developers
>>aren't professionals, they work for hobby.
>FOR THIS REASON I AM TELLING ALL THIS!!!!
>They'll have to buy it, to learn about it, to test it, to code it and
>to make a final product? How much time do you think they
>need? Years.

Of course. I can see this perfectly! I am not new in the computer world!
MMSX is a very hard project. It is very difficult. And, even more dificult
that the hardware will be de development of drivers and of the operating
system.
But people involved in MMSX project want to work on it, not on a MSX2+. This
is the "essence" of a hobby: do what you like. People involved on the
project DON'T want to do another thing. They are motivated for MMSX, not for
other things.
That's all.

>And don't doubt it, we're running out of time and people,
>specially the kind of people that knows to make things,
>concretely the NICE things.

Ok. And?

>The age of 'unlimited' growth of MSX passed years ago. And it
>won't return.

Certainly. I can see this perfectly. MSX is an old machine. (Obsolete
Machine 1, 2, 2+ and TR... ;-)  ). It never will be as powerful as a
Pentium, for example. But I like MSX, and I presume that you also. Then, why
don't evolve to a MMSX? It will be difficult, but... no one says it would be
easy.

P.S.: If this becomes a "dialog" between you and me, I prefer to speak in
spanish. So, if nobody is interested on it, perhaps it will be a good idea
to write in spanish personally, not in the mailing list.

--
Antoni Burguera Burguera
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]