On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:

> > >Maybe it will even work with only the built-in RAMdisk, without even
> > >any real drive attached. Does anyone know if this is true?
> >
> > You mean to boot in BASIC mode, to create RAM disk, to copy MSXDOS2.SYS and
> > COMMAND2.COM on it and CALL SYSTEM? Hum... difficult I think... but anyway
> > I never tried it! ;-)
>
> I thought CALL SYSTEM can only boot from the A drive? (No matter what the
> actual drive is.)

No, CALL SYSTEM boots from the actual drive (in DOS 1, at least). This is
pretty annoying if you go to DOS, type B:, go to BASIC and type _SYSTEM,
since MSXDOS.SYS and COMMAND.COM might not be available on the disk in
drive B. I wouldn't know how to set the ramdisk to actual drive in basic,
though...

---
Visit the internet summercamp via http://polypc47.chem.rug.nl:5002