>So, can somebody tell me more about this? I have two Novaxis SCSI
>controllers. Is it possibble to connect both of them to different
>computers, put a cable between these computers and add a HDD too?

I dunno about Novaxis, but I had 2 computers and a HD connected with 2 BERT
interfaces.

>If this is possibble, then do I need some special software or can
>I just use MSX-DOS2 and same SCSI devises in both computers ?

You don't need any special software.

>How about can I use forexample same HDD at a same time, or do I have to be
>sure, that it is not used that time by other computer?

With the BERT you can read/write to the same partition with both computers.
You can't write both at the same time, because of FAT-caching.
AFAIK interfaces other than BERT have restrictions, like assigning specific
partitions to either of the 2 computers. So never 2 at once on one partition.
Also, my experience with the BERT was that sometimes the SCSI-bus would
stall. If I used a special DOS which had a hotkey to reset the SCSI-bus, I
could continue, otherwise reset one of the computers.

>Do I get a probblem, if computers use SCSI at different speeds?
>(R800 & 3.5MHz Z80)

One of my computers was running 3.58 MHz and the other 7.16Mhz, so it
doesn't matter at all.

>I wanted to ask this, to avoid burning any of my computers or
>pheripherals.

That probably won't happen :)

Unless you got an active terminator on your HD though, you have to have
BOTH computers activated on the same time. Or more correctly: both SCSI
interfaces have to be on. My solution was to place one of them in a
slot-expander with seperate powersupply. (The other computer was always on,
it ran my BBS)

I hope you succeed with you Novaxis interfaces! I'd be interested to know
how the Novaxis (and MegaSCSI) handles this situation.

Greetz,

                Patriek

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ,-.  ,----.  ,-. TNI on the web:
                | '-.| ,-. \ '-' http://www.xs4all.nl/~newimage/
   Member of    | ,-'| | | | ,-.
 The New Image  | '--' | | '-' | Check out "MSX Banzai!" at:
  since 1991    `------' '-----' http://www.xs4all.nl/~newimage/MSXBanzai!/