>     I agree with Laurens. Screen 5 should work fast with BasicKun. I was
> thinking about Z-Machine and it would be interesting if allows graphics, and
> several effects... and of course text.

Hmmm... I think the title of these messages is out of date because we
aren't speaking about z-machine. The Z-machine is an interpreter created
by Infocom, which doesn't accept graphics. Well... I have seen z-machine
adventures with graphics, but it has many problems because the graphics
are in an strange and undocumented format created by Infocom. Also,
Inform compiler doesn't suport such a thing, so I presume that for
showing graphics you must program directly in Z-machine ML.
When I proposed to port Z-machine to MSX was for the very very very
large amount of games available.

About making a text adventure creator specific for MSX, screen 5 is a
good idea if text are showed fast enough. Well, BasicKun is a good idea,
but it will be preferable NestorBasic and, of course, some assembler
routines. I think screen split is necessary: one part of the screen with
graphics, and the other with scrolling text. Some nice and smooth
scroll.

--