> About making a text adventure creator specific for MSX, screen 5 is a
> good idea if text are showed fast enough. Well, BasicKun is a good idea,
> but it will be preferable NestorBasic and, of course, some assembler
> routines. I think screen split is necessary: one part of the screen with
> graphics, and the other with scrolling text. Some nice and smooth
> scroll.

No screensplit needed...
I really think so.

You can also make nice effects without scrolling.
When I was talking about effects I was talking about "letting the characters
appear in a nice way"... Not about entire scrolltexts or so... (have you run
my little Basic-proggie?)

Also, a screensplit can be a little hard to combine with Basic.
And do you really want to use Basic??? I believe NestorBasic gave some
problems when the Basic-source was larget than about 16k... There was at
least no space left for a small binary file... (was a problem a friend of
mine had; I suggested him to put it in the VideoRAM, which worked well)

          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/