] Yes, I'm sure it is, but I don't know if the problem is in the ROM or in the
] COMMAND2... It's also strange that it doesn't happen ALL the time... As far as
] I can see, it's happening quite randomly.
Hmmm. Very strange. Does it also happen occasionally with programs that show
a directory contents and let you choose the file to process? Because if the
problem is with the DOS2 kernel, then it might be that occasionally the 'find
first' function returns a wrong filename. And that should impact programs
that show a directory contents as well. As they also have to use 'find first'
to retrieve the filename of the first file and 'find next' to retrieve the
filenames for the other files.

Programs using DOS2 functions to show directory listings include:
multimente, xcopy, modeditor and modplay for turboR, xcc and sme3.

You might test out those. For example by using xcc, multimente or xcopy to
copy all files in a directory.

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Alex Wulms/XelaSoft - MSX of anders NIX - Linux 4 ever
See my homepage for info on the  *** XSA *** format