Daniel Jorge Caetano wrote:

>   What you call indirect? If you create a character table on your RAM
> and create a routine to copy blocks from RAM -> VRAM, you'll have
> the fast renderer you've never seen! (-: Send blocks to VRAM directly
> is a lot faster than OTI or OTIR.

note: this is not true for the existing 3.58MHz MSX'es: OTIR and LDIR
are both equally fast. (17 cks/byte) So building the ADVRAM system into
existing 3.58MHz MSX models is quite useless.

However for Z180/Z380, LDIR will probably be faster and ADVRAM can be
useful.

>   You'll have to do some operation (like an out) before use Z180 codes.
> This have no solution, unless we remap every thingle instruction on Z180
> to a new mapping code, where we put Z180 opcodes only where there is
> no R800 opcodes. (-;
>   But then, we will have to build a new assembler to work... (which is
> not impossible, but some hard work... :-)

I don't think it will be a major problem to include Z180/Z380 support in
the new Compass #2.0.00 (release probably Bussum2000)

The longest instruction on Z380 or Z180 is 5 bytes long; is that correct
? Can someone verify that ?
MULTW nn : #ED #CB #97 #n #n

Greetz,
Jon