> >If you take away all new registers and the new address space of the Z380,
> >you would still benefit greatly from the enhanced instructions. They are
> >NOT depending on those features!
>
>   I think you are a lazy programmer. (-;

I take that as an insult, even with the smiley! :/

I hate lazy programmers, and I hate how x86 architecture makes you one. And
I know Z380 is not like that.

You talk about Z380 and its new instructions as if they are there for EASY
programming. No, they are there for FAST program execution! I do not want
LD HL,DE because it's easier than LD L,E | LD H,D! I want LD HL,DE because
its FASTER.
That's what the previous message was about. You were saying Z380 offers no
big improvements in the instruction set beside the enhanced memory and
register space (Oh, and MULT/DIV). I was saying it DOES, because it
provides a lot of instructions (RLC HL) that need several instructions on
Z80/180 cpu's.

Why is it OK to have MULT and DIV because they are faster than a large
routine, and why is it not OK to have LD HL,DE or any other 16 bit instruction?
AS I said before, if you don't like ADD HL,BC or something, go program
6502. Nice and compact, only 3 registers, no 16 bit crap...

         Patriek 'grmbl, calling ME a lazy programmer, hah!'