Maarten ter Huurne wrote:
> > FMSX-DOS and BRMSX both run Space Manbow fine,
> > when in MSX2 mode. But neither emulator runs
> > Space Manbow coherently in MSX2+ mode.
> I added some features to fMSX-Unix. When I change one line of code (has to
> do with VDP retrace status reporting), it can run Space Manbow perfectly.
> The smooth scroll and the border mask both work.

Someday I'll try it, too! :)

> What is the problem of BrMSX running Space Manbow in MSX2+ mode? Maybe I
> encountered the same problem when modifying fMSX-Unix. If so, I can tell
> Ricardo some details about it.

Well, it's weird: while F1-Spirit 3D Special works
right, everything scrolls fine, etc, Space Manbow acts
differently: background moves only in 8-pixel shifts,
while sprites move normally. I didn't bothered with
this because I see no reason to run Space Manbow in
MSX2+ mode at all - I was only curious. :) When you
use hardware scroll in a real MSX2+, do sprites move
horizontally along the background? Or should you move
them manually? Maybe it's some issue of SCREEN 4
implementation in BRMSX's MSX2+ mode.

Btw, Space Manbow looks GREAT in BRMSX's -res 11
(scanlines)... :)

[]s,

   -----    Parn (ICQ#1693182)
 /| | | |\