Maarten ter Huurne wrote:
> > Well, I tried it in FMSX-DOS 1.6b2, and I got
> > a nice crash. :) Trying ROM options 1 to 5,
> > only MSX crashed (with rebooting),
> Space Manbow should run with "-rom 2", type 2 is Konami SCC style.

Right. However, some ROMs do work with other
ROM options. I just can't remember which. :)

> > while trying
> > default option 0, FMSX-DOS crashed with a
> > segmentation fault.
> Serious bug.

So it seemed. I noticed some programs didn't
crash in certain situations with my old Pentium
MMX, but now crash with this Celeron and my
Pentium II at home. I can't remember if it's
the case for this particular FMSX-DOS situation.

> Are there a DOS versions of fMSX 2.X?

I don't think so. The last FMSX-DOS version,
at least, it's really 1.6b2. I think there's
some Windows emulator which uses fMSX 2 core.

> I tried to run Space Manbow under fMSX-Unix (an unreleased and modified
> version), it hung. I know this is a VDP status polling issue. I think the
> plain fMSX-Unix 2.1 does run Space Manbow.

FMSX-DOS and BRMSX both run Space Manbow fine,
when in MSX2 mode. But neither emulator runs
Space Manbow coherently in MSX2+ mode.

[]s,

   -----    Parn (ICQ#1693182)
 /| | | |\