On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 21:33:10 +0200, Laurens Holst wrote:

>>   Yup, but there is the need to unassemble CHKDSK and make it check the
>> situation. Unassemble CHKDSK is the hard work, not change it.
>There is really no need to do that, the process of marking bad clusters is
>fairly simple. It is even not nessecary to 'cut' the entire file if only the
>middle cluster of it is erroneous. I can write a program which does in a
>moment. I just need to know how to access the drive on sector-level without
>getting the A/R/I message.

  It's not so simple to rearrange the cluster table.

>It's disassemble, by the way.

  Whatever... (-; Sometimes we call "debugar", which is wrong also.

>If I recall correctly there is a DiskROM routine to read a drive's sectors.
>It returns an error code (if any), which tells you what error has occurred.
>But it won't show the annoying (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)gnore message, which I
>want to avoid.

  Yes, but you'll not be able to read the sector, also. So, how to relocate its
data?

   -----     AbraçOS/2, Daniel Caetano ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 /| | | |\
 \| ___ |/   OS/2 Sites:  http://www.quasarbbs.com/daniel/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8752/os2hp/os2index.html
    | |      MSX Sites:   http://www.fudeba.cjb.net/
   -- --     Drawings:    http://www.djgallery.tsx.org/
...Programar e' a arte de organizar zeros e uns de forma que eles produzam trabalho
util!