> Takamichi?  Maybe is the apropiate person to do this ...
Though I hardly think so, I can spread wild imaginations
if I want to.

1.
It's very easy to deny the possibility. I think, at least
chance of game companies releasing some game they didn't
release 10 years ago is even less than having them re-release
the games they actually released.

About the latter, there was one guy Imahi (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I think) of Syntax (NV magazine) who was bragging around
October 1999 that he was contacting ALL (near 200, I remember)
companies which at least released one MSX-related product, to
persuade such corps to re-release old MSX software. But to this
day, none of them re-released anything.

Whether the 10+ years old data of sales-aborted games still
remain is seriously questioned (but should not be denied in
my opinion). Besides, employers cannot own them personally
or even access them.
10 years ago I had a friend Ricky O'Conner (100% Japanese who
draws US blood) working in Konami, then I asked him for
a SCC editor but he denied excusing "too tight security" or
something. Off-topic; though he left Konami quite shortly
after, you can find his name in Metal Gear Solid ending demo
as "voice actor team organizer".

2.
Now try to think positively.
Most ex-MSX developing people no longer work in Konami (Ricky
wasn't working for MSX so don't rely him;), Microcabin
(currently all Illusion City crews no longer belong to
Microcabin), etc.
Some of them can be contacted via Net. A few examples;
a) Composer of music for Hydlide and other T&E games can be
contacted. I forgot to jot down his name and e-mail address
but he appeared in a BBS situated in http://zuco-st.com/tn/msx
so the webmaster should know one.
b) Y-jin, the GFXer of Chaos Angels (c) ASCII has website in
http://www.kt.rim.or.jp/%7Eyjinn/ , where rendition of Chaos
Angel cuties are browsable.
c) Hyakkimaru who designed a lot for Microcabin games owns
website. http://www02.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/qb3/hyakki0/

As I said in 1., they cannot be direct links to obtaining
lost game data, but at least'll give us some clue (I hope).

3.
...Seems I lack any decisive factor. In my opinion, only
thing us mundane MSX users can do beside praying to heaven
or hell is, to make complete list of announced-but-unreleased
games known in the history of MSX. For instance, Griffon which
failed to be released from Microcabin.
Anyone willing to boast their knowledge? If names of supposed
development crews are known, that'll help a lot for the
purpose I described in 2.

Takamichi

P.S Another wild thought struck my mind. Will the ex-MSX
developers like the ones I mentioned above revive, this time as
nonprofit artists?
Just like when I was stunned seeing Martos resurrect ;)

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/