Hello,

> I mean Solid Snake, Quarth, Mr. Ghost, Illusion City, Fray, Discs
Stations,
> Peach Ups, Super Risk, King King 2, Pennantlers, Snatcher, SD Snatcher,
> Game Collections, Aleste(s), Parodius ..... hundreds and hundreds of
> cool games that helped to keep alive the MSX system from then to nowadays.

A lot of these were sold by e.g. MSX club Gouda and MSX Engine, IIRC.
I mean:  A lot of them were not sold because of the cracks available.

It helped to keep people use their MSX computers, but it basicly destroyed
every
commercial potetial there was still left in MSX.

Microcabin once offered to deliver translated versions of their games, but
we had to
sell at least 150 copies of each (I believe). Now this was in the 'dutch
glorydays' of
MSX, but back then we could be absolutely sure there was no way we would be
able to sell those ammounts.

> And I insist .... most of disk conversions you play on your MSX are
> made by Martos.  Only a small percent are made for the S.M.A. group
> or Arsimosoft.

Hmm... And I was about to say that Martos wasn't the only one, that Martos
hasn't
personnally destroyed the entire MSX system ;)
Hmm.. seems that I'm exaggerating a bit, but you must agree that all those
cracks didn't
do any good at all. I think that Martos could also have used his knowledge
of the MSX
system to create some things of his own.
Low sales is still the main reason not to release new software for the MSX
for most
software-houses.

Greetings,

Sander Zuidema