> In linux, interrupt handlers and their children are not processes and thus
> don't have a priority. If they claim the processor, they'll get it. So
> just ajusting the polling frequency should do. I don't know how uzix does
> this.

        UZIX processes have priority. You can use a daemon process as a
JUMP driver (as TCP/IP do). The only problem that can arise is that it
will slow down the link (assuming JUMP is a sincronous protocol - an
asincronous protocol will not work, because UZIX JUMP driver will lose
bits).
        The best thing (even for TCP/IP) would be putting the driver
inside the kernel (but it can't be done now, due to low memory).

Adriano Camargo Rodrigues da Cunha               ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Engenharia de Computacao - UNICAMP
http://www.adrpage.cjb.net           http://if.you.dont.like.msx.usuck.com

* Te ky o my kybord ha litl dfect. *

****