Continuing off topic...

On "correction"; it's an interesting philosophical concept. I listen to
lots of audio books, and the program material comes with all kinds of
problems. Noise, too low volume due to spurious noise+peak-limiting, too
much dynamics etc. My typical listening device is my laptop's internal
speaker which doesn't play very loud (nor well), so too low volume is often
a problem.

I have been thinking about a processing chain that might solve some of
these issues.

1) Steep filter to isolate speech (100-4k?).
2) Noise gate
3) Some kind of "crystalizer" for extra "crunch"/contrast
4) Compression
5) Amplification to 0 - -3 dBFS

What do you think?

cheers,