On 22/08/2015, Ethan Duni <ethan.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We've been over this repeatedly, including in the very post you are
> responding to. The fact that there are many ways to produce a graph of the
> interpolation spectrum is not in dispute, nor is it germaine to my point.

Earlier you disputed that there's no upsampling involved.
Apparently you change your mind quite often...

> It's seems like you are trying to
> avoid my point entirely, in favor of some imaginary dispute of your own
> invention, which you think you can "win."

I claimed something, and you disputed it. I proved that what I
claimed, is true. Therefore, all your further arguments are invalid...
(and are boring)

> I have no idea what you think you are proving by scrutinizing graph
> artifacts like that

I am proving that what you see on the graph is not sinc(x) /
sinc^2(x), but rather some noisy curve, like the spectrum of upsampled
noise. Therefore, my original argument is correct.

> It's also in extremely poor taste to use "retard" as a term of abuse.

Well, if you do not see that the graph pictured on Olli's figure is
not sinc(x), then you're retarded.

> Meanwhile, it seems that you are suggesting that the spectrum of white
> noise linearly interpolated up to a high oversampling rate is not sinc^2.

Naturally, there's going to be some jaggedness in the spectrum because
of the noise. So, obviously, that is not sinc^2 then.

> Are you claiming that those wiggles in the graph represent
> aliasing of the spectrum from resampling at 44.1kHz? If so, that is
> unlikely.

Nope, the "wiggles" in the graph are from the noise.

-P