Picoscope make the cheapest 16-bit scopes around (USD 1000), the
16-bit stuff from Tektronix is a lot more expensive (USD 31000 -
that's right I didn't accidentally add an extra zero, it's x30 the
price). I would recommend using the Picoscope and use Python's easy c
bindings to call the Picoscope library functions to do what you want.

Cheers,

Andy