-----Original Message-----
   From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:musicbrainz-
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Bransden
   Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 2:48 AM
   To: MusicBrainz style discussion
   Subject: Re: [mb-style] vocal type should be optional

   On 16/01/06, Cristov Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   > Remove "Lead" since it's what people seem to have the most trouble
   with and
   > it's rarely used in credits. Background would stay since many
   performers are
   > actually credited as such. Also add beat boxed, rapped/rhymed,
   hummed, spoke
   > and change the vocal verbiage to "Sang vocal".

   ^ this is perfect. my experience at discogs is that, given the option
   of 'vocals', most people won't use 'lead vocals' anyway. i think we
   should use the above to keep it simple.

[Beth]
I've used lead vocals a decent amount, however that's probably the
bands/Artists I listen to.

Example:
Klayton Scott's Shapeshifter the feat. Styles of Beyond is performing the
lead vocal. Though, since Klayton produced, mixed, probably conceived it,
the song is a Celldweller release. This is pretty normal for Klayton Scott's
work.

Perhaps the lack of use of "lead vocals" is due to people not using AR as
much. Though I did notice more moderations are going through for AR
relationships lately.
[Beth]

   (though i still think adding 'rapped' and other none-classical vocal
   roles is bad but that's been done to death already)