> Hi
>
> This discussion will go on forever, and not only for this
> instrument. Why don't we try out my proposed approach to
> problem solving, define a time where all of the people
> interested in this meet in #musicbrainz and try to resolve
> this once and for all.
>
> BTW: I concur heartfeltly with Jan (zout), and took this
> position for quite some time now - If somebody bothers taking
> on the painful bizniss of entering ARs, why would  you put
> obstacles in his way, rather than enabling them to enter
> information that makes the entry better? It is true that the
> instrument dropdown list is rather large, but this cannot be
> a showstopper for adding requested instruments in a matter of
> days, not months. We _really_ rather spend our energy
> discussing how we could implement a better way of selecting
> AR attributes!!!
>
>   g0llum

The Secretary responded on Tuesday:

"> i still don't believe that UI related issues are a good enough reason to
> exclude instruments.

No indeed they are not.

Actually there is a much bigger change waiting: Mo's restructured
instrument tree.

We really need to get this implemented. I'd suggest to load it onto test
after the next server update. Then we should test it and then move it over
to the main server.

The vacuum cleaner can be added to the test tree, be discussed to death,
and then finally make it to the main server, too, OK :-)

BTW what is it instrument/other or instrument/wind/other?

   DonRedman"

Also I think the idea of meeting at a set time on IRC is fairly difficult
since this is a global community. The time differences between the US and
Europe alone are fairly significant.

--
Cristov (wolfsong)

All great truths begin as blasphemies.