I prefer not to go with EU, since that gives very clear guidelines as to who is part and who is not part of the EEC (as it was once called).

I know this is a bit off topic, but I haven't been playing the know-it-all lately.

The EEC is not simply a former name of the EU. It was the European Economic Community, which was later combined with the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom) to for the European Community (EC). As far as I recall, this included only France, the Benelux countries and West Germany. It took several years for all but a few European Free Trade Association members to join and sign the Maastricht treaty to form the EU.

You might think I'm a bit picky here, but if you make borders part of your argument, you should define them well.

Plus, I doubt that record companies that label something as 'released in the EU' or 'made in the EU' would stop short of selling a release in Norway or Switzerland.

Right, but I also doubt that many US labels would not sell their releases in Canada. So this is a weak argument, and sadly the only one.

I would suggest that we add Europe as a release country. Not EU.

(Not only) since we're still talking about release countries, I would prefer EU. But before another discussion leads us to another delay, I'd better add that "Europe" is better than nothing, and as you said we can still improve this one in the future.

derGraph