I think this would be a step in the right direction.

I look forward to the day when we can see a band's entire discography
on one page, despite name changes :)

-Aaron (cooperaa)

On 5/29/06, derGraph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Don Redman wrote:
> derGraph wrote:
>
>> joan WHITTAKER wrote:
>>> [...] T Rex, who evolved out of the remains of the original
>>> Tyrannosaurus Rex.
>>> Jefferson Airplane was formed in 1965 [...] and the band changed
>>> it's musical direction re-naming itself Jefferson Starship. [...]
>>> and the band was thereafter known as Starship.
>>
>> IMO these examples cry for a new AR. Something like
>>    [group1] was renamed to [group2] ,
>> or maybe "was known as ... after" or "is the predecessor of".
>>

> or "evolved into" and "evolved from", or "is the predecessor of" and
> "is the successor of".
>
> Those ARs would form chains not clusters. I like this idea.

Then let's make it official.

Does anyone have any objections on creating such an AR? Which wording
should we use? (I'd prefer the "predecessor / successor" combination.)
Is there something we should think about?

Of course on such an AR only the begin date applies. An end date would
imply that the band renamed back to the original name.

--

 derGraph

-Aaron