I've realized that the discussion on this issue has _just recently_ ebbed out ... Okay, I did forget about it.

Don Redman and I proposed to introduce a new AR type for linking artist groups which changed their name along with a lineup change. The style council obviously favours the following wording.

 [group1] is a predecessor of [group2]
 [group2] is a successor of [group1]

The date of this change (if known) should be entered as the start date.

As we don't want to bug our developers with creating additional restrictions (link group to group only, disallow entering end date), these restrictions have to be enforced by guidelines and voting only.

Whoever sees a problem arise in this change shall veto it now.

--

derGraph