On 6/14/06, derGraph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Aaron Cooper wrote:
> In the case where a band literally *just* changes its name for legal
> reason or because they are about to break into the commercial market,
> "predecessor/successor" doesn't seem to apply.  In all respects, the
> band is identical and so the AR seems to be implying more than what is
> needed.  Will this AR only be used to link groups that change their
> name AND change the lineup?

Right, I forgot about that...

The idea for this AR arose from a post explaining a band's history with
several name, style and lineup changes. And as far as I recall we had
some kind of silent agreement that this AR type should only be used for
such cases where either the band's lineup or style did change along with
the name. But as name + style changes in most cases are a result of a
lineup change, we might also limit this to lineup changes.

For cases where an artist only changed it's name we might use a more
general "renamed to"/"was previously known as" AR.

Alright, that sounds great. :)

--

 derGraph

-Aaron