Michelle . wrote:
The only problem I can see is that the word "predecessor" can be misinterpreted to mean someone performing earlier, with a similar style. If you look up "musical predecessor" (with quotation marks) on Google, you'll see what I mean.

So "A is a musical predecessor of B" would mean that B's style is influenced by A. Right?

We had also discussed the wording "evolved into" and "evolved from". If you think this wording is a problem, then you should veto now. But in this case, I'll send another RFV for the alternate wording.

--

derGraph