Thank you very much indeed for this. After all, it is basic common sense and I am glad that we have reached a definite conclusion. Your input has been greatly appreciated to settle this question.

Joan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Redman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MusicBrainz style discussion" <musicbrainz-style@lists.musicbrainz.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [mb-style] Net Releases

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:13:31 +0200, joan WHITTAKER wrote:

Excuse me for being somewhat obtuse, but does this then mean that if an album, track or whatever is put out on the INTERNET, then at that time it becomes to all intents and purposes a "worldwide release"

Unless it is not annotated with some stupid "you may only download this if you are an US citizen, please add your zip code here" statement, yes, that is what it means.

If ReleaseArea still means _market_, as it has meant up to now IIRC, then the internet represents a worldwide market.

  DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation around! :-)