if the album you purchased in Germany has a code to activate an extra song available for download from their website, then by virtue of the fact that you purchased the album in Germany, and the code was available on that German release, then the release country would, ipso facto, be Germany.

You cannot download this track if you have not got the physical release, so, it is not therefore available to anyone. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Schika" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MusicBrainz style discussion" <musicbrainz-style@lists.musicbrainz.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [mb-style] Net Releases

On 6/18/06, Schika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/18/06, joan WHITTAKER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Excuse me having to ask, but how do we now get this put into the > guidelines?

OK our Country field is for the distribution area. This is very clear
for internet releases or releases are known that they are only
available in an defined area - like releases with an "Japan only bonus
track" or so.

What should be entered if we only know the label homebase or doesn't
know anything at all?

Such things should be clearly defined, before we put a guideline.

What my actually problem is: I have a bunch of vinyls here, all I know
is that I got them here in Germany some day. And I or anybody else
could find out in which areas of the world it was actually original
distributed back in - let me say 1984 just as example.

Another thing is that some physical releases have a code to download
an extra song from their website - you can't access this file without
the one-time working download code. What is the release country - the
same as the physical release or worldwide?

--
.: NOP AND NIL :.
.: Schika :.