On 6/19/06, Don Redman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:46:40 +0200, Aaron Cooper wrote:

> The big problem I see with AR's, is that we have to make them before
> we can use them.  At this time, you don't link each song from an
> Add/Import to the original recording, and I for one will not go
> through the database now and link thousands upon thousands of songs to
> their original releases so that identical songs can have identical
> titles.

Um, I proposed to use ARs so that identical songs can have different
(context related) titles. Which is the exact opposite fo what you are
writing here.

And I would never suggest that editors should first add all the ARs before
making the change.
What I suggest is that we should make the change, when there is a feature
in place, that makes such ARs *useful* to taggers. Because then people
will add these ARs in order to use them in their tagging process.

> Doesn't anyone else think that the method of applying track AR's is
> not at a stage where we can easily mass relate songs?

I remember that someone had written an incredibly simple and cool UI to
add new ARs. It did not even work inside of MB but loaded MB in a frame
and allowed you to drag and drop links from MB into fields and then add
these ARs.

It was really simple and it worked. Does someone remember who this was?

   DonRedman

That sounds amazing - exactly like what I was imagining.  This would
definitely make things easier for us.  But as you said, right now
there is very little motivation to create these ARs.

--
-Aaron