On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Don Redman wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:50:09 +0200, Steve Wyles wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Robert Kaye wrote:

I did not mean to circumvent the process here -- I do apologize.

Please advise if I should:

1. reset the four artists to unknown and remove the project type from the live server or
2. don't sweat it and call it a done deal or
3. Have the RFV now and if a veto appears, I will do #1.

Was the impact on the libraries, applications and datafeed customers assessed?

The impact of a sematical change was definetely not assesed. The boundaries between the new type and other types are not defined. I opt for 1.

I've just checked and there are now 66 artists that have been set to project and it appears to break the lucene search.

http://musicbrainz.org/search/textsearch.html?query=limelight&type=artist&an=1&as=1&limit=25&handlearguments=1

limelight is one of the artists that has been set to project

http://musicbrainz.org/show/artist/?artistid=31378

I think until the full impact has been assessed, it should be reversed.

Steve (inhouseuk)