Robert Kaye wrote:
Shepard says:
Listen to Don: rules follow practice. With tons and tons of translations and transliterations already being in the database you cannot just go and make a guideline not to allow that. It's unrealistic.

Rules that follow from bad practices are bad rules.

Well then we need to change them into good practices. But you cannot just
create a rule to forbid transliterations and translations, that won't work.

Whether the current practices are good or not and how to change them is one
topic that surely needs to be addressed and that needs long-term solutions.
But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about providing means
that will help to transform the current solution into a long-term solution
later. And it's not even hard to implement. I think this can't be bad.

Simon (Shepard)